DASH is the world’s best resource for the community of action figure lovers. We provide an integrated experience for collectors’ needs. We connect buyers and sellers. We help collectors learn. We promote the hobby. Our platform delivers information and technology to make collecting more fun, efficient and affordable.
DASH is a community that celebrates the fun of action figures and collecting. We actively seek to strengthen the hobby, connecting enthusiasts with characters, stories and memories enriching their lives.
The DASH Story
DASH was conceived by Bill Jones and first launched with several co-founders in late 2009. Tens of thousands of collectors manage a million items on the DASH platform to date.
We make our money by hosting the Marketplace, and we charge our sellers fees when they sell items. While most of the core collecting functionality on the site is free, we also offer a set of premium features for collectors.
About the DASH Platform
DASH provides an integrated software platform for collectors. Its core features are:
- A Wiki-style Catalog: The Catalog is the best structured, comprehensive resource for collectors. It consolidates the ambiguity of item naming and identification, helps collectors learn, share and grow their interest in the hobby, and serves as a living foundation for making collection management and selling easier.
- Simple Collection: Because it is based on the Catalog, DASH’s collection management is a simple matter of finding their items and clicking “Add to Collection” or “Add to Wanted”. When a collector buys an item, it is automatically added to his collection.
- Structured and Active Marketplace: With a common platform to identify all items for sale, sellers save time in researching their items for sale, and buyers appreciate the inherent specificity of the listings. Items are found not only through blind searches, but instead also through a familiar structure tailored for model trains. Wanted Items are flagged and provide alerts when new items are listed for sale or reduced in price. An innovative Trading feature is also available for upgraded users enabling them to find ""smart"" partners for trading based on items willing to trade and wanted.
- Access Anywhere and Anytime: As a web-based solution, DASH is accessible from any browser. With its mobile responsive design, using it on your phone is easy.
- Community Features: The platform strives to bring collectors together. Share your entire collection with your friends and others in the community...and meet like-minded enthusiasts.